Current title: Communications Manager
I help individuals and organizations research, design, organize, and share their information.
- I like to solve problems, organize ideas and information, and spread goodwill.
- I believe in creating inclusive, ethical and efficient systems and environments.
- I ask a lot of questions and I like to think things over before I answer.
I use Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, along with several other media creation applications, HTML, and CSS. I'm comfortable with several content management and learning management systems.
- Everything and the Kitchen Sink: Tracing Lineages of Fantasy Literature
- Danse Etoile Ballet posters, bookmarks, program books, and social media posts.
- Beyond "I Read it on the Internet": A Beginner's Guide to Research (for Sirens 2016)
- Sirens Conference (Librarian, 2016, 2017; Vetting Board member and Presenter, 2015, 2016; Chair, 2013; Sirens Information & Registration Coordinator, 2011 & 2012)
After graduating with a BA in literary studies from Simon’s Rock College, I was a writer and editor, photo editor/archivist, and studio manager in publishing, commercial photography, and tech startups, before spending several years as a freelance editor and designer.
In my free time, I write fantasy and science fiction, knit, garden, and hike in the Rocky Mountains with my family and dogs.