A colleague (and good friend) once told me that the price of having me on a team was knowing they'd have to walk the talk. I try to live up to that every day.
Current title: Communications Manager/Special Projects Assistant
Information Strategy and Design – I help individuals and organizations research, design, organize, and share their information.
- I like to solve problems, organize ideas and information, and spread goodwill.
- I believe creating inclusive, efficient, and ethical environments.
- I ask a lot of questions and I like to think things over before I answer.
I use Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, along with several other media creation applications, HTML, and CSS. I'm comfortable with several content management and learning management systems. My social media experience includes Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram, management tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer, and email systems MailChimp and Constant Contact.
Recent Volunteer Projects
- Danse Etoile Ballet posters, bookmarks, program books, and social media posts.
- Beyond "I Read it on the Internet": A Beginner's Guide to Research (for Sirens 2016)
- Sirens Conference (Librarian, 2016, 2017; Vetting Board member and Presenter, 2015, 2016; Chair, 2013; Sirens Information & Registration Coordinator, 2011 & 2012)
After graduating with a BA in literary studies from Simon’s Rock College, I was a writer and editor, photo editor/archivist, and studio manager in publishing, commercial photography, and tech startups, before spending several years as a freelance editor and designer.
In my free time, I write fantasy and science fiction, knit, garden, and hike in the Rocky Mountains with my family and dogs.